At Global Resources, our consultants help navigate the way for business owners to achieve success. Our collective expertise allows us to access the information that is critical for your business to reach and surpass its goals.
Many small businesses find it valuable to partner with internship programs around the country. If you’re a student interested in finding an internship, we have tips for you:
- Choose your field: Internship programs for students provide the opportunity to explore career options with low commitment. You aren’t expected to make a lifelong career decision. But choose smartly—the field might help you get a leg up when it’s time to find a real job.
- Consider the location: Consider housing, transportation and proximity to family and friends. An internship in Hawaii may sound terrific, but be realistic with your approach.
- Have your resume ready: To find as internship program, college students, even high school students, should be prepared with an organized, error-free record of your education and work experience.
- Get your papers organized: When you apply for an internship you may need some documents beyond your resume. College transcripts and letters of recommendation are great pieces of information to share with your potential employer when your job experience is limited.
- Prepare for the interview: If you are going to meet your future employer, you need to look the part. If it’s a phone interview, be prepared and polite. In both scenarios, do some prep work— be prepared to explain and discuss everything you included on your resume, think about how the college courses you’ve taken so far have prepared you for this job, have a few questions about the job and company ready to ask (they will ask you if you have any questions), and review your qualifications, strengths and weaknesses so you are ready to provide good answers.
- Create a realistic budget: Internships for undergraduates, while valuable learning experiences, often are unpaid positions. Consider the money you will need and work up a budget so you know what you can realistically handle.
To learn more about us and / or to schedule your complimentary appointment with the business experts at Global Resources LLC, call us at 855-338-0266.