Global Resources LLC helps facilitate the change that is needed for small to medium- size businesses to prosper in today’s marketplace. In fact, our experience, expertise and education has set the standard in the business consulting industry.
It’s our passion to stay on top of everything that affects small business. Therefore, we know firsthand that people are connecting with, listening to, following and collaborating with each other on social platforms at an amazing rate. A recent report indicates that 65% of American adults and 76% of all online Americans have joined a social network.
Not only is the internet used for personal use, but business people are using social networking sites to build their careers, promote their business and grow their reputations. It’s important to be strategic with your social networks, especially when intertwining business and personal. Here are tips that may help you navigate the world of social media for your business:
- Use a different profile or account for your personal connections. Business and pleasure should not be mixed.
- Offer valuable information when you post. Don’t talk just about yourself and your company.
- Don’t befriend strangers with the intent of selling them on your products or services. You will quickly lose credibility and your so-called ‘friends.’
- Pick a screen name that represents you and your company well.
- Don’t send out requests for birthdays, invitations to play games or other timewasters for those using the site.
- Don’t put anything on the Internet that you don’t want your future boss, current client or potential clients to read.
- Check out the people who want to follow you or be your friend. Not only will you be judged by your “friends” but you also want to avoid spam accounts.
- Never post when you’re overly-tired, jet lagged, intoxicated, angry or upset.
- Compose your posts, updates or tweets in a word processing document so you can check grammar and spelling before you send them.
To learn more about us and / or to schedule your complimentary appointment with the business experts at Global Resources, call us at 855-338-0266.