Global Resources LLC has a team of expert business professionals that are leaders in the retail business which are owned by entrepreneurs and managed as a family business . As we approach 2017, we are looking ahead to trends expected to be at the center of the retail industry:
- Environment – Customers are yearning for unique retail experiences and reward the retailers who provide this. Smart retail business owners will understand that they must treat their stores as their homes by welcoming customers into a warm and inviting place and eliminating the pushy sales approach.
- Ultra Convenient – The rise of ‘push-button’ products and services, such as Amazon Dash Buttons, or talking to Siri or Alexa to reorder specific products at home are rising in popularity. So are easy order services for home/office delivery, like UberEats and Postmates. Some retailers have even moved past the button and are building sales through subscription services, including Trendsend and Stitch Fix. With all these advances, convenience is key to the modern-day consumer.
- Expanding Mobile – The mobile retail arena is evolving even more. Retail strategies incorporating the mobile device will become much more sophisticated and honed for smooth integration into the overall customer experience.
- Expect a Digital Shift – Most retailers already have an established a digital presence, but there will be an accelerated shift to mobile and cross-platform interactions. Mobile share of global ecommerce is expected to grow from 40% in 2015 to 70% by the end of 2017, as we see the vast majority of online shoppers start transactions on one device and end on another. Ecommerce will be leading this paradigm shift since it drives change and folds in new technologies that come from the consumer.
- More Niche Retailers – The coming year will bring the rise of niche retailers, for both new brands and existing brands. This will lead to smaller store footprints and personalized service with knowledgeable sales associates. This will satisfy the demands from consumers who want a unique and customized service.
To learn more about us and / or to schedule your complimentary appointment with the business experts at Global Resources, call us at 855-338-0266.