The consultants at Global Resources help all levels of business professionals achieve success. This year, make your New Year’s resolution to boost your efficiency, productivity and fun for a milestone year unlike any other. Here are tips to get you off and running:
- Prioritize. Create 3 different task lists: month, week and day. On each list identify 2 to 3 of the most important assignments or projects so you can focus and plan ahead with a clear vision on how you will accomplish each one. 2 to 3 objectives on each list will leave you room in your day for emergency projects.
- Ditch distractions. Internet, email, phone calls and even unnecessary meetings not just can, but will result in heaps of unproductivity. Bolster your willpower and limit yourself!
- Just say no! Stop being so polite. When you’ve reached your boiling point learn how to politely say “No” to additional work.
- Streamline. Did you know having a to-do list on your phone, table computer, work computer and your paper planner commonly has the opposite effect of staying organized? It actually increases your chance of forgetting tasks. Just pick one method and stick with it.
- Delegate. There’s no “I” in team. Learn to hand out some tasks so you can free up some time to do what you need to.
- Look ahead. Stop putting out fires for a minute and take some time to strategize a few moves down the road. Then stick it on your monthly task list so you don’t forget it. It’s good to do this about once a week so you can visualize and plan for any changes to your task list.
To learn more about us and / or to schedule your complimentary appointment with the business experts at Global Resources LLC, call us at 855-338-0266.